This is our first update since releasing Reynard on Steam. We call him Ferdinand. He’s the meanest of them… for now.
Ferdinand (the Minotaur) fills the void of not having a boss with a big area of effect (AOE) attack. Just by looking at Ferdinand, players will know that he’s a “tanky” and an agile boss. He has a few tricks up his sleeve so players will have to be careful when taking him head on.
With Ferdinand I’ve tried to include more environment in the boss battles. So without any major spoilers… When you’re gonna be fighting him, try using environment in your advantage.
Improved Armor Runes
Until now armor runes were providing only bare defense against different damage types. With this update, I’m introducing improved armor runes, which can reflect damage, slow enemies, burn them or even boost Reynard’s movements speed when he’s attacked.
From watching gamers play Reynard on Youtube, I’ve learned that the armors are introduced a little too late in the game. Here lies the reason why I’ve decided to add “Pepe – The Armor Merchant” to the basement’s secret room’s rotation.
- [BOSS] New boss Ferdinand joined Reynard!
- [RECIPE] Crafted Wooden Bow – Wooden Stick + Ordinary Rope.
- [RECIPE] Bull’s Horns Helmet – Copper Plank + Poor Normal Armor Rune.
- [RECIPE] Book of the Dead – Common Companion Boost + Common Max Health Boost.
- [RECIPE] Necro Bow – Bone + Ordinary rope.
- [IMPORTANT] Added ability to armor runes. They can now reflect the damage, slow the attacker or increase Reynard’s movement speed…
- [IMPORTANT] Companions will now stay with you until they die or the run ends.
- [IMPORTANT] Added a “second” secret to the Foen island.
- [BALANCING] Necro Staff’s recipe changed to “Bone + Poor Necrotic Damage Rune” + Increased the crit chance to 1%.
- [BALANCING] Pepe can now spawn in the basement dungeon.
- [BALANCING] Cobra’s poison projectile doesn’t have spreadable damage anymore.
- [BALANCING] Golem’s health type set from “Ice” to “Normal”.
- [BALANCING] Modified the Bubba’s prices.
- [MINOR] Added dialogue to the axe on the island (It sounds weird but it’s not :D).
- [MINOR] Stamina now refils on each scene change.
- [MINOR] Added Prascilla’s Idle animation.
- [MINOR] Renamed some Bronze stuff to Copper.
- [BUGFIX] “Return” button now works as a confirm.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed the bug when Wilson’s Beam wouldn’t stop playing when you die.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed the double confirm button press in the dialogue.
I’ll add the first player who figures out how to pull the axe out from the stump to the book of credits! 😀
Since many new players have joined Reynard community and there is no official tutorial, I hope to have started one for next update. Expect more cool recipes, bosses and updates in the future. If you’d like to recommend something, please let me know!
Till next time! Happy dungeon crawling 😀