Reynard Devlog #30 – Difficulty Modes, Leagues and Much More (1.0.1 & 1.0.2)
Hey there! It’s the first week after the release and I’m happy to say that I’ve pushed 2 updates already! I know it’s not Friday… I’m releasing this update one day earlier because I’ll probably start working on other things that might take more time.
Some of the players told me that the game is very difficult. I just couldn’t keep them waiting, so I quickly created an update which introduced an easy mode. Now players can select the difficulty first time before they enter the dungeon or in the options menu.
Easy mode reduces buffed enemy count, removes boss scaling and adds some cool starting items to the player at the beginning of the run.
Normal stayed… well… Normal 😀 But I’ve also added a hard mode, which I don’t want to spoil too much.
Because I’ve introduced the difficulty modes and because they were proposed by the community I’ve added 18 more of them. You can check all the achievements here.
It wouldn’t be fair if players would be playing on a different difficulty and they’d be competing against each other on the same leaderboard. So leaderboard had to be split to 3 different ones:
- Green League (Easy)
- Orange League (Medium)
- Indigo League (Hard)
To spice things up on the hard mode I’ve added a new enemy. I hope you’ll like him ;D
Adding Skeleton Mage to the new Hard Mode
- [MAJOR] Added difficulty options easy and normal. Hard will be added later!
- [MAJOR] Added a difficulty option Hard (I was just messing with you ;D)
- [MAJOR] Added daily run leagues. Green (easy), Orange (normal) and Indigo (hard)!
- [MAJOR] Added 18 new achievements!
- [MINOR] You can’t build on occupied slot anymore. First you have to sell the building.
- [MINOR] Damage taken by player is now colored red.
- [ENEMY] Added a Skeleton mage (summoner). It appears on hard mode only!
- [OPTION] You can now lock the frame rate to 144 or leave it uncapped.
- [OPTION] Added an option to disable camera screen shake.
- [OPTION] Added an option to disable damage numbers.
- [BALANCING] Rebalanced the Gold boost relics.
- [BALANCING] Reduced Ifrit’s staff knockback by 40%.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed 1 buggy room cells.
I wish you happy dungeon crawling 😀leagues reynard