Darkness was missing and Noc is bringing it!
Till now the balance was in favor of Melee bosses. It would be wrong if it remained that way for a longer period. But it would be boring if the new Ranged boss would deal a “regular” ranged attack damage. That’s the reason I’ve created Noc.
Unlike other bosses he doesn’t have health dependent states! Noc is aggressive from the beginning. His mission is to chase Reynard and hit him with his darkening / ethereal fists. If Reynard get’s hit by his fist, his vision becomes limited.
Not only that he’s shooting dangerous projectiles, he’s also summoning cursed weapons!
Judy can now be rescued in the dungeons. She’s one of the most powerful allies. Her attack is shooting homing arrows from her arbalest towards her enemies. She has a fair amount of health and is currently my favorite ally!
- [BOSS] New boss Noc joined Reynard!
- [ALLY] Judy joined the ranks of allies!
- [ENEMY] Added a Cursed sword.
- [ENEMY] Added a Cursed forks.
- [FEATURE] Some biomes can now have dark rooms!
- [MINOR] Changed the description of the throwing spear.
- [MINOR] Added SFX to various enemy and ally attacks.
- [MINOR] Drake now has a nice death animation and projects fire projectiles from correct position.
- [MINOR] Added SFX to “pawn” shrine.
- [MINOR] Added death animations to mobs.
- [MINOR] Crate buildings now display healthbars.
- [MINOR] Water can now appear instead of the abyss – More biome variations,
- [MINOR] Last hitting an enemy triggers mini camera shake.
- [BALANCING] Necro Staff’s kill count before summoning an ally skeleton is reduced from 15 to 10. Its damage has been incresed from 1 to 1.3.
- [BALANCING] Forest Child perk nerfed. It also takes 20% of player’s score and gold.
- [BALANCING] Water Plate Armor’s durability increased to 50.
- [BALANCING] Bubba’s prices and gap between them increased.
- [BALANCING] Mumu’s explosion damage increased by 100%.
- [BALANCING] Zombies’s damage increased by 50%.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed some cells where player directly runs into an obstacle or an object.
- [BUGFIX] Changed the colliders of the water obstacles in dungeons.
- [BUGFIX] Blind monk perk now influences vision on all levels… Invasion and bosses included.
- [BUGFIX] Rotation of Bubble turret bullets has been fixed.
In the upcoming week I’ll focus on polishing stuff! I’ll probably add some map on the loading screen, so the player will know how far from saving Prascilla he is. I’ll try to add options to the ingame menu, fiddle with dungeon progression and as always… add a new enemy or ally.
Next Friday is after Christmas so I wish you a merry Christmas upfront 😀 Have fun beating Noc and Santa!